We are going to have photoresistors embedded in blocks that are wedged inside of wood panels on the bench, so I ran a test today on the photoresistor to make sure it worked.
The photo resistor is a relatively simple set up. The secret is to always detect for variance, and not to depend upon any specific light reading. I will have to have arduino run a series of callibrations when it starts, and then do it over the course of the day to account for fluxuations.
I will also have to have what I will call the ASS ALGORITHM. This is a proprietary algorithm to determine if there is an ass on the bench, or if it is just a poorly performing sensor. This will necessitate determining the range of asses out there. Such is work.
For a good and simple arduino example of photoresistor - check this out. Just remember that if you aren't using Arduino to power the photoresistor you have to connect your grounds.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/PhotoResistor
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment